These publications are related to the Research project in Transnational Dynamics in Quality Assurance and Evaluation Politics of Basic Education in Brazil, China and Russia (BCR), 2014-2017.
For other EduKnow publications, please go to the main Publications page.
- Gurova, G., & Piattoeva, N. (forthcoming) A post-Soviet audit culture: changing practices and subjectivities of school teachers in a Russian region. In Carvalho L.-M., Levasseur L., Liu M., Normand R., Oliveira A. (eds) Education Policies and the Restructuring of the Educational Profession. Global and Comparative Perspectives. Dordrecht, Springer.
- Minina, E., Piattoeva, N., Centeno, V.G., Zhou. X. & Candido, H. H. D. (forthcoming) Transnational policy borrowing and national interpretations of educational quality in Russia, China, and Brazil. In Iveta Silova & Maia Chankseliani (eds.) Comparing Post-Socialist Transformations: Education in Eastern Europe and Former Soviet Union. Oxford Studies in Comparative Education. Oxford, U.K.: Symposium Books.
- Piattoeva, N. & Saari, A. (forthcoming). The infrastructures of objectivity in standardized testing. In Maddox, B. (Ed.) International Large-Scale Assessments in Education. Bloomsbury.
- Piattoeva, N. (forthcoming) Doing equality through greater transparency? Troubling surveillance expansion in the Russian school system. In Carney, S. and Schweisfurth, M. (Eds.) Equity in and through education: Changing contexts, consequences, and contestations. Rotterdam: Sense Publishers.
- Takala, T., Kauko, J., Rinne, R. & Kallo, J. (forthcoming). One Size for All? – Policy Advice of the World Bank and the OECD on Quality Assurance and Evaluation of School Education in Russia, Brazil and China. In A. W. Wiseman and P. M. Davidson (Eds) Cross-Nationally Comparative, Evidence-based Educational Policymaking and Reform. Bingley: Emerald.
- Kauko, J. & Wermke, W. (forthcoming). The Contingent Sense-making of Contingency: Epistemologies of Change in Comparative Education. Comparative Education Review.
- Piettoeva, Nelli; Gurova, Galina (2018) Domesticating International Assessments in Russia: Historical Grievances, National Values, Scientific Rationality and Education Modernisation. In: Alarcón, Cristina & Lawn, Martin (Eds.). Assessment Cultures: historical perspectives. Studies in the History of Education Series, Bd.2. Peter Lang, Frankfurt an Main, 87-110.
- Gurova, G. (2017) Soviet, post-Soviet and neoliberal: Governing Russian schools through quality assurance and evaluation. Policy Futures in Education.
- Centeno, V.G., Kauko, J. & Candido, H. (2017). Quality Assurance and Evaluation through Brazilian lenses: an exploration into the validity of umbrella concepts. Comparative Education.
- Silova, I. Millei, Z. Piattoeva, N. (2017) Interrupting the Coloniality of Knowledge Production in Comparative Education: Post-Socialist and Post-Colonial Dialogues after the Cold War. Comparative Education Review, 61 (S1), S74-S102.
- Suominen, O., Kallo, J., Rinne, R. & Fan, Y. (2017). Subtle convergences: Locating similarities between Chinese educational reforms and global quality assurance and evaluation trends. Quality Assurance in Education, 25 (2), 146-160.
- Kallo, J. & Semchenko, A. (2016) Translation of the UNESCO/OECD guidelines for quality provision in cross-border higher education into local policy contexts: a comparative study of Finland and Russia. Quality in Higher Education, 22 (1), 20-35.
- Kauko, J., Centeno, V.G., Candido, H., Shiroma, E. & Klutas A. (2016). The emergence of quality assessment in Brazilian basic education. European Educational Research Journal, 15(5), 558-579.
- Piattoeva, N. (2016) The imperative to protect data and the rise of surveillance cameras in administering national testing in Russia. European Educational Research Journal, 15 (1), 82–98.
- Gurova, G., Piattoeva, N., & Takala, T. (2015). Quality of Education and Its Evaluation: An Analysis of the Russian Academic Discussion. European Education, 47 (4), 346–364.