- Silova, Iveta; Piattoeva, Nelli & Millei, Zsuzsa (2017) Childhood and Schooling in (Post)Socialist Societies. Memories of Everyday Life. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Gurova, Galina (2017) Soviet, post-Soviet and neoliberal: Governing Russian schools through quality assurance and evaluation. Policy Futures in Education. (open access)
- Centeno, Vera G.; Kauko, Jaakko; Candido, Helena H. D. (2017) Quality Assurance and Evaluation through Brazilian lenses: an exploration into the validity of umbrella concepts, Comparative Education.
- Aydarova, Elena; Millei, Zsuzsa; Piattoeva, Nelli; Silova, Iveta (2016) Introduction: Revisiting pasts, reimagining futures. Memories of post(socialist) childhood and schooling. European Education 48 (3), 159-169.
- Kauko, Jaakko; Medvedeva, Anna (2016). Internationalisation as marketisation? Tuition fees for international students in Finland. Research in Comparative and International Education 11 (1), 98-114.
- Kosunen, Sonja; Kauko, Jaakko (2016). Valtasuhteet tutkimushaastattelussa. Politiikka 53 (1), 27-40.
- Piattoeva, Nelli (2016) Citizenship and Nationality. In John Stone, Rutledge M. Dennis, Polly S. Rizova, Anthony D. Smith, and Xiaoshuo Hou (eds.) The Wiley Blackwell Encyclopedia of Race, Ethnicity, and Nationalism.
- Piattoeva, Nelli (2016) The imperative to protect data and the rise of surveillance cameras in administering national testing in Russia. European Educational Research Journal 15 (1), 82-98.
- Silova, Iveta; Aydarova, Elena; Millei, Zsuzsa; Piattoeva, Nelli (eds.) (2016) Special issue: Revisiting pasts, reimagining futures. Memories of post(socialist) childhood and schooling. European Education 48 (3).
- Gurova, Galina; Piattoeva, Nelli; Takala, Tuomas (2015) Quality of education and its evaluation: an analysis of the Russian academic discussion. European Education 47 (4), 346-364.
- Kauko, J. & Salokangas, M. (2015) The evaluation and steering of English academy schools through inspection and examinations: national visions and local practices. British Educational Research Journal, 41 (6), 1108–1124.
- Kauko, J., Corvalan, J, Simola, H. & Carrasco, A. (2015) The historical dynamics in Chilean and Finnish basic education politics. In Piia Seppänen, Alejandro Carrasco, Mira Kalalahti, Risto Rinne & Hannu Simola (Eds.) Contrasting Dynamics in Education Politics of Extremes: school choice in Finland and Chile. Rotterdam: Sense, 29–52.
- Piattoeva, Nelli & Takala, Tuomas (2015) Russia as a returning donor – four roles in development assistance to education. Globalisation, Societies and Education. DOI: 10.1080/14767724.2014.972343.
- Piattoeva, Nelli (2015) Power as translation in the global governance of education. In: Lawn, Martin & Normand, Romuald (eds.) Shaping of European Education. Interdisciplinary Approaches. Routledge.
- Piattoeva, Nelli (2015) Elastic numbers – national examinations data as a technology of government. Journal of Education Policy.
- Takala, Tuomas (2015) Assessment of learning outcomes: the transnational agenda, the READ program and Ethiopian priorities. Bahir Dar Journal of Education 15 (2).
- Woldegiorgis, Petros (2015) Provision of and Participation in Primary Education in the Pastoralist Regions of Afar and Somali of Ethiopia. University of Tampere. Doctoral dissertation.
- Adamu, Abebaw (2014) Ethnic and Religious Diversity in Higher Education in Ethiopia – The Case of Bahir Dar University. University of Tampere. Doctoral dissertation.
- Gurova, Galina (2014) A Programme for Russian Higher Education Leaders through the New Public Management Lens. University of Oulu. Master’s thesis.
- Kauko, Jaakko (2014) Complexity in Higher Education Politics: bifurcations, choices and irreversibility. Studies in Higher Education, 39 (9), 18–66.
- Paalanen, Mona (2014) Curricular Power – Who influences curriculum development in Tanzania? University of Tampere. Master’s thesis.
- Woldegiorgis, Petros (2014) Factors Affecting the Primary School Participation of Pastoralists: A Case Study from Ethiopia. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences 5 (23), 1386-1392.
- Adamu, Abebaw (2013) Diversity in Ethiopia: A Historical Overview of Political Challenges. International Journal of Community Diversity 12 (3).
- Adamu, Abebaw (2013) Intergroup Relations Among Ethnically Diverse Students in Ethiopia. Journal of Education and Research 3 (2).
- Parajuli, Mahesh & Takala, Tuomas (2013) Understandings of Gender and Education in the Political and Cultural Context – the case of Afghan students in an M.A. (education) programme. Asia-Pacific Journal of Education 33 (1), 2013.