Transformation of the International Tax System project together with the Law Faculties of the University of Helsinki and the University of Turku arrange on Friday 23 March 2018 a seminar “Tax jurisprudence of 2020’s – is everything about tax avoidance”. Seminar starts at 9 am at the Small Hall (pieni juhlasali) of the main building of the University of Helsinki (Fabianinkatu 33, 4th floor).
Seminar fee is 350 euros + VAT. It will be paid upon registration using credit card or online bank service. Registration is open via this link until 14 March.
Presentations and panel discussion will cover themes such as:
- Introduction with case examples
- Roles and responsibilities in prevention of tax avoidance – are we in or out of balance
- What amounts to unacceptable tax benefit? State aid as an example
- Interaction between anti-abuse rules and treaties
- ATAD in relation to existing ECJ case law
- Legal control of administrative discretion in transfer pricing: lessons from GAAR doctrine
The speakers include Sjoerd Douma, Anders Hultqvist, Marlies de Ruiter, Reijo Salo and Matti Urpilainen.
Final program will be updated here soon.