Technology × Social Interaction
Research on how technology affects and could enhance human-human interaction.
Technology × Social Interaction (TSI)
(× = in / and / for / enhancing / mediating)
We study, design and construct new computationally supported ways to bring people together. We enrich the social elements in experiencing interactive technology.
Some of our research questions:
- How to optimally support collaboration and co-creation with information technology?
- How to design socially acceptable and ethically sustainable technology?
- How can human intelligence and artificial intelligence best work together?
- How could data science help identify relevant people for professional collaboration?
- What is Big Social Data and how to utilise and visualise it for sustainable purposes?
- How to make isolating technologies more social (e.g., virtual reality or personal devices)?
We argue to be a truly multidisciplinary group, building on human-technology interaction, user experience, computer-supported cooperative work, social computing, data science, network research, internet research, and social psychology.
Contact and group lead: firstname.lastname@example.org
Earlier, part of our group used to operate at Tampere University of Technology, research team of Social Technologies.